Financial support

Following severe injury, many individuals find that their financial circumstances have been affected. If you are unable to return to work or require additional support, you may be entitled to claim benefits. You can check whether you can claim using the benefits checker or by visiting your local welfare rights office.

What is Personal Independence Payment and should I be receiving it?

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) helps with some of the extra costs caused by long-term ill-health or a disability if you’re aged 16 to 64. This has replaced Disability Living Allowance.


Where do I get the forms for Personal Independence Payment?

You will have to contact the PIP team to start off the application process. If you have a case manager, they can help you with this. Otherwise you can get help with this from Citizen’s Advice or the Welfare Team through the local council.


What is Employment Support Allowance (ESA), should I be getting this?

If you’re ill or disabled, Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) offers you financial support if you’re unable to work or personalised help so that you can work if you’re able to.

Citizens Advice Bureau –

Money Advice Scotland –

Take me back to the top